P.E.A.R.S. EXTENDED DAY PROGRAM
(PROGRAM of ENRICHMENT through ACADEMICS,
RECREATION & SPIRIT)
PEARS is a 10 month PRE-K program designed as a natural extension of the school day, providing a child-centered, safe, stimulating and happy environment based on the philosophies and goals of the school. Because it is an extension of our regular academic program, the PEARS program extends the same values and religious atmosphere as during regular school hours. PEARS may be used on a regular basis or a drop-in basis. The PEARS Program will employ a highly-qualified early education staff that provides a family-like, but structured atmosphere, which emphasizes positive interaction, self-control, decision-making and responsibility.
- ELIGIBILITY & ENROLLMENT: The PEARS Extended Day Program is only open to enrolled PRE-K students at Lebanon Catholic School. PEARS come under the jurisdiction of the principal who has the administrative and supervisory responsibility of this program.
- Hours of operation will be from the time school is dismissed at 2:30 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. on all school days.
- PEARS will be offered every full day and on NO early dismissal days (this applies to both 12:00 PM & 1:00 PM dismissals) in a designated elementary classroom.
- Any students in PRE-K who need to be at school later than 3:00 p.m. must be enrolled in the PEARS Extended Day Program.
- Children not picked up by 3:00 p.m. will be sent to Extended Day and the appropriate fees will be applied.
- PEARS Extended Day will not be offered on holidays, non-operational days, Christmas vacation, and Easter vacation or during the summer.
- Please pay close attention to the school calendar and the L.C. Weekly E-News for notification when care will not be available.
- PEARS PROGRAM: Daily activities are planned by the PEARS Students will participate in a variety of activities including board games, free play, arts and crafts, quiet time for homework, reading, movies, holiday parties, as well as outdoor activities. A healthy snack will be provided in the afternoon. If your child is on a special diet, the parent must provide the afternoon snack. Please advise us if your child has any food allergies.
- DISCIPLINE: Lebanon Catholic School’s philosophy of discipline is based on respect for the child’s self-esteem, setting reasonable limits and consequences and encouraging self-discipline. Constructive methods of discipline shall be used to promote good behavior. The staff will work with the children and cooperate with their parents to resolve any problems that may arise.
- PEAR FEES FOR THE 2017.2018 ACADEMIC YEAR: There is an annual non-refundable fee of $50.00 per family. Fees are based on a 10-month program.
||Reduced Rate for Additional Siblings
- LATE PICK UP: PEARS Extended Day closes at 6:00 p.m. Failure to pick up your child/children by 6:05 p.m. will result in a $1.00 per minute charge which will then be added to your monthly statement.
- Parents are asked to notify the school before 3:45 p.m. if they will late in picking up their child from PEARS.
- If your child has not been picked up by 6:15 p.m. and no notification has been given, one of the emergency number persons will be contacted to pick up your child. Once your child has been picked up by the emergency number person, attempts will be made to contact the primary parents or guardian. A sign will also be posted on the door telling of the emergency number person who picked up your child and the PEARS staff will leave.
- Habitual late pick up can result in dismissal of your child/children from the program.
- Checks are to be made payable to: LEBANON CATHOLIC SCHOOL – PEARS.
- Please make sure your child’s name/s is noted on the check.
- PAYMENTS MUST BE MAILED, DROPPED OFF IN THE MAIN OFFICE or PRESENTED IN PERSON TO THE ATTENTION OF THE PEARS DIRECTOR. PAYMENTS ARE DUE THE WEEK BEFORE THE NEW MONTH BEGINS AND WILL BE PAID ON A MONTHLY BASIS.
- Lebanon Catholic School-PEARS :: 1400 Chestnut Street, Lebanon, PA 17042
- Fees will not be pro-rated for holidays or absences.
- Credit card payments are credited to your PEARS account the day the business manager receives the payment.
- Please do not include PEARS payment with other L.C. tuition/POS payments.
- All payment arrangements made must provide for full payment before the end of the school year.
- PEARS DIRECTOR AND STAFF
- PEARS will employ a program director along with faculty coordinators and a staff of assistants who are dedicated to LC’s mission statement.
- For further information, please contact the PEARS Director:
Our goal is to provide an extended day program which focuses on social learning in a relaxing, well-supervised environment for school age children. Further, our aim is to offer services that will meet the needs of parents as effectively and efficiently as possible.